Tour S2 - Hingaia Peninsula School
Tour Departs at 1.15pm
1Hingaia Peninsula School
79 Hingaia Road, Papakura South
Opening at the beginning of 2012 this brand new greenfield school is situated in the growing residential area of Hingaia Peninsula. Hingaia Peninsula School (HPS) is a state school for Years 0-8 and in 2012 had a total roll of 67 students.
Located 30 klms south down the motorway from Auckland CBD near the suburb of Papakura, Hingaia Peninsula is on the outer limits of the city. It is surrounded by rural farmland, lifestyle properties and the Manukau Harbour.
From the beginning HPS was based around the idea of the modern learning environment and the concept of learning studios. The studios are multi- functional spaces with breakout spaces that cater for a variety of different learning styles. Children have the opportunity to work creatively, both individually and in groups, and to personalise their learning space to suit their needs.
HPS is currently using two studios with three teachers per studio. Studio 2 is for Years 0 - 3 and Studio 3 for Years 4 - 8. Each studio is approx 290 square metres with five 'nooks' surrounding a central teaching space. These 'nooks' are used by students for different types of learning and creating. All the studios are nestled beneath a large all encompassing timber constructed roof which connects them with the administration, library and hall spaces which complete the school.
A review of the school described how 'the learning studios at Hingaia... represent an important milestone in the design of learning spaces in New Zealand primary schools (and) redefine what future classrooms here could look like.'
Hingaia Peninsula School became the first school in New Zealand to be awarded a 5 Greenstar NZ - Education 2009 Built Rating from the NZ Green Building Council.
- Tour S1 - Mission Heights Primary School
- Tour S1 - Ormiston Senior College
- Tour S3 - BLENNZ School
- Tour S3 - Kia Aroha College
- Tour N1 - Albany Senior High
- Tour N1 - Wilson School
- Tour E1 - Stonefields Primary School
- Tour E1 - Elim Christian College Junior Campus
- Tour W1 - Hobsonville Point Primary School
- Tour W1 - Te Kura Kaupapa Maori o Te Kotuku
- Tour E3 - Epsom Girls Grammar School Performing Arts Centre
- Tour E3 - St Cuthbert’s College Performing Arts Centre
- Tour C1 - The University of Auckland Medical School
- Tour C1 - AUT School of Communications
- Tour E4 - Saint Kentigern School Jubilee Sports Centre
- Tour E4 - Saint Peter’s College Sports Complex
- Tour E4 - Auckland Grammar School Sports Complex
- Tour S2 - Alfriston College
- Tour S2 - Hingaia Peninsula School
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Science Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College MacFarlan Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Arts and Technology Building
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Undergrad Labs
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland School of Engineering
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Business School
- Tour W2 - Auckland Girls’ Grammar School
- Tour W2 - Avondale College
This page last updated: Tuesday 12 March 2013