Tour S2 - Alfriston College
Tour Departs at 1.15pm
550 Porchester Road, Randwick Park
One of the first two new schools to be built in Auckland in 25 years, Alfriston College is a successful manifestation of current thinking on education for the 21st Century.
Separated two-storey Whanau blocks provide an identity as well as a home-base for vertically-integrated groups of students within this 1500- pupil school. An emphasis on providing an environment where students can develop independent learning skills has driven the integration of flexibility and choice throughout the school.
Flexibility of teaching space configuration through operable walls and screens and comprehensive implementation of ICT networks is reinforced by the sheer variety of indoor and outdoor learning spaces catering for specific needs.
The campus has an urban-scaled environment of individual structures unified by their careful placement around a sheltered courtyard space. Landscape has been thoughtfully integrated within the entire composition in a way that also provides environmental learning possibilities for students.
Environmentally-Sustainable Design Principles play a key part in the overall design. Emphasis has been placed on a passive design. Thermal insulation, daylight, solar design, and natural ventilation assisted by heat reclaim technology, are all used to great advantage. In keeping with Enviroschools, the Environmental Education NZ Initiative, Alfriston College provides an environment, both natural and built, that enables students to learn with nature.
- Tour S1 - Mission Heights Primary School
- Tour S1 - Ormiston Senior College
- Tour S3 - BLENNZ School
- Tour S3 - Kia Aroha College
- Tour N1 - Albany Senior High
- Tour N1 - Wilson School
- Tour E1 - Stonefields Primary School
- Tour E1 - Elim Christian College Junior Campus
- Tour W1 - Hobsonville Point Primary School
- Tour W1 - Te Kura Kaupapa Maori o Te Kotuku
- Tour E3 - Epsom Girls Grammar School Performing Arts Centre
- Tour E3 - St Cuthbert’s College Performing Arts Centre
- Tour C1 - The University of Auckland Medical School
- Tour C1 - AUT School of Communications
- Tour E4 - Saint Kentigern School Jubilee Sports Centre
- Tour E4 - Saint Peter’s College Sports Complex
- Tour E4 - Auckland Grammar School Sports Complex
- Tour S2 - Alfriston College
- Tour S2 - Hingaia Peninsula School
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Science Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College MacFarlan Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Arts and Technology Building
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Undergrad Labs
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland School of Engineering
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Business School
- Tour W2 - Auckland Girls’ Grammar School
- Tour W2 - Avondale College
This page last updated: Tuesday 12 March 2013