Tour S1 - Mission Heights Primary School
Tour Departs at 1.15pm
Mission Heights Primary School
103 Jeffs Road, Flat Bush
These state - of - the - art schools incorporate both primary and junior colleges on one site - the first new school complex in New Zealand to do so since 1999.
With over 10,000m. of combined floor area, Mission Heights operates on a civic scale and challenges the traditional New Zealand education archetype, signaling that schools now engage with the public and their local community.
The forward - looking design responds to the requirements of the new education curriculum and to the schools' need to share facilities and work collaboratively. A series of buildings with continuous floating roof forms that generate a series of covered courtyards, this facility appears light and elegant, yet stoic and robust.
Both schools incorporate cutting-edge technology including smart cards for students to connect to user domains at any computer throughout the school, and the ability for pupils, teachers and parents to connect to the system from home.
The schools took a strong sustainability stance and were the first to apply a Green Star Education rating tool (which we developed with the New Zealand Green Building Council and Ministry of Education) to its design and construction. When it opened in January 2009, Mission Heights won a Best Practice Green Star Rating from the council.
Innovative systems include: light-harvesting technology, daylight-sensitive switching, solar panels for hot water heating, rainwater collection for servicing toilets, under-floor gas heating and an interactive system in the library that allows exploration of the green features of the school.
- Tour S1 - Mission Heights Primary School
- Tour S1 - Ormiston Senior College
- Tour S3 - BLENNZ School
- Tour S3 - Kia Aroha College
- Tour N1 - Albany Senior High
- Tour N1 - Wilson School
- Tour E1 - Stonefields Primary School
- Tour E1 - Elim Christian College Junior Campus
- Tour W1 - Hobsonville Point Primary School
- Tour W1 - Te Kura Kaupapa Maori o Te Kotuku
- Tour E3 - Epsom Girls Grammar School Performing Arts Centre
- Tour E3 - St Cuthbert’s College Performing Arts Centre
- Tour C1 - The University of Auckland Medical School
- Tour C1 - AUT School of Communications
- Tour E4 - Saint Kentigern School Jubilee Sports Centre
- Tour E4 - Saint Peter’s College Sports Complex
- Tour E4 - Auckland Grammar School Sports Complex
- Tour S2 - Alfriston College
- Tour S2 - Hingaia Peninsula School
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Science Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College MacFarlan Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Arts and Technology Building
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Undergrad Labs
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland School of Engineering
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Business School
- Tour W2 - Auckland Girls’ Grammar School
- Tour W2 - Avondale College
This page last updated: Friday 1 March 2013