Tour C2 - The University of Auckland School of Engineering
Tour Departs at 1.30pm
The University of Auckland School of Engineering
20 Symonds Street, Auckland Central
The Atrium / Theatre & Library projects are the first significant developments to be undertaken on the original School of Engineering complex in over 40 years.
In effect, these new facilities, which are inserted in and around the existing group of building blocks, have transformed what was a very compartmentalised, utilitarian and austere environment into an open and integrated complex.
The Atrium / Theatre facilities provide a new 250 seat lecture theatre and an infill structure between two building blocks creating an Atrium space which provides a ‘social heart’ for the School. The facilities also incorporate casual study areas, computer laboratories, new toilets, common room with catered kitchen facilities, and foyer ‘crush’ space to the existing lecture theatres.
An upgraded main entrance connected to covered pedestrian walkways between the adjacent School of Architecture and the Student Amenities Building across Symonds Street facilitates linkages between the School of Engineering and the wider university campus precinct.
The Engineering School Library, located adjacent to the Atrium, involves the retrofit of existing floor space over two floors, virtually doubling the size of the library facilities. The expanded library facilities also incorporate a new Student Centre, group study areas, and a new facade treatment which transforms the internal environment of the old library into one which engages with the public realm.
- Tour S1 - Mission Heights Primary School
- Tour S1 - Ormiston Senior College
- Tour S3 - BLENNZ School
- Tour S3 - Kia Aroha College
- Tour N1 - Albany Senior High
- Tour N1 - Wilson School
- Tour E1 - Stonefields Primary School
- Tour E1 - Elim Christian College Junior Campus
- Tour W1 - Hobsonville Point Primary School
- Tour W1 - Te Kura Kaupapa Maori o Te Kotuku
- Tour E3 - Epsom Girls Grammar School Performing Arts Centre
- Tour E3 - St Cuthbert’s College Performing Arts Centre
- Tour C1 - The University of Auckland Medical School
- Tour C1 - AUT School of Communications
- Tour E4 - Saint Kentigern School Jubilee Sports Centre
- Tour E4 - Saint Peter’s College Sports Complex
- Tour E4 - Auckland Grammar School Sports Complex
- Tour S2 - Alfriston College
- Tour S2 - Hingaia Peninsula School
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Science Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College MacFarlan Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Arts and Technology Building
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Undergrad Labs
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland School of Engineering
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Business School
- Tour W2 - Auckland Girls’ Grammar School
- Tour W2 - Avondale College
This page last updated: Tuesday 12 March 2013