Tour C1 - AUT School of Communications
Tour Departs at 1.30pm
AUT School of Communications
2 Governor Fitzroy Place, Auckland Central
Located at the corner of Mayoral Drive and Governor Fitzroy Place in the centre of Auckland, the new School of Communications will be a major gateway to AUT and will transform the University's City Campus.
Opened in February 2013, AUT's new specialist Technology Learning Precinct covers 2.9 hectares on its city campus. The Learning Precinct provides specialist and general teaching facilities increasing the campus area by 25%. The project encompasses 20,000 square metres of under-cover space, including a 12- storey tower, a 5 - storey glass - roofed atrium, cafes, shops and plaza areas.
The link between space, technology and the process of teaching has been carefully considered in the precinct's design and choice of technology. The precinct houses specialist facilities for AUT's school of communication studies, including a screen and television studio, motion capture and Chroma key studio, performance studio, radio station, sound and edit suites, digital media computer labs, and a brand new media centre.
All lobbies and break out spaces are designed as collaborative social study areas with a range of furniture types to cater for multiple ways of learning. High efficiency heating and air-conditioning, low - energy lighting and long - life materials also contribute to the visionary design and function of the buildings.
The precinct completes AUT's Mayoral Drive frontage by linking to the faculty of business and law building and the tourism and hospitality building. Governor Fitzroy Place will become a primarily pedestrian area featuring an open public plaza for students.
- Tour S1 - Mission Heights Primary School
- Tour S1 - Ormiston Senior College
- Tour S3 - BLENNZ School
- Tour S3 - Kia Aroha College
- Tour N1 - Albany Senior High
- Tour N1 - Wilson School
- Tour E1 - Stonefields Primary School
- Tour E1 - Elim Christian College Junior Campus
- Tour W1 - Hobsonville Point Primary School
- Tour W1 - Te Kura Kaupapa Maori o Te Kotuku
- Tour E3 - Epsom Girls Grammar School Performing Arts Centre
- Tour E3 - St Cuthbert’s College Performing Arts Centre
- Tour C1 - The University of Auckland Medical School
- Tour C1 - AUT School of Communications
- Tour E4 - Saint Kentigern School Jubilee Sports Centre
- Tour E4 - Saint Peter’s College Sports Complex
- Tour E4 - Auckland Grammar School Sports Complex
- Tour S2 - Alfriston College
- Tour S2 - Hingaia Peninsula School
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Science Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College MacFarlan Centre
- Tour E2 - Saint Kentigern College Arts and Technology Building
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Undergrad Labs
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland School of Engineering
- Tour C2 - The University of Auckland Business School
- Tour W2 - Auckland Girls’ Grammar School
- Tour W2 - Avondale College
This page last updated: Friday 1 March 2013